Fisherman's Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fisherman's Dream

This forum gives you information on all your fishing needs. Tips, tackle, tactics as well as best baits. This is a tempory forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blenheim Palace, Oxford

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bettsfan

Blenheim Palace, Oxford Empty
PostSubject: Blenheim Palace, Oxford   Blenheim Palace, Oxford Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:34 pm

As a seasoned traveller this location has to get my first mention.

The grounds of the Palace give access to a 50-60 acre lake where fishing is from a punt. It is recommended to book in advance as the boats are limited to 15 a day.
The fishing can be as stunning as the lake itself. My main quarry is the Tench which although as in a group Ifish with we have not seen real speciman sizes, but have led to multiple bags of fish to 7lbs.
Along with Bream that average 4-5lb a good days sport can really be had.
There are also large Pike within, which although I have not fished for attract people from all over the country in the winter months.
The main lake is very deep in places although I prefer a shallower area opposite the boathouse known as the 'Cut'.
Once the fish feed the swim generally comes alive with fizzes and bubbles, and they are willing to take most baits. I prefer to either stick with naturals i.e worm etc or a Pellet Paste. One word of caution is that I have seen them get pre-occupied on Hemp so feed sparingly.

If you need further info just shout.
Back to top Go down

Blenheim Palace, Oxford
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fisherman's Dream :: Course Fishing :: Places To Fish-
Jump to: